Healthy & Safe Schools Plan
The Oregon Department of Education has required every school district to submit a Healthy and Safe Schools Plan for all buildings where students and staff are present on a regular basis. Topics covered include:
- A plan for testing for elevated levels of radon as required under ORS 332.167
- A plan to test for and reduce exposure to lead in water used for drinking or food testing
- A plan to reduce exposure to lead paint
- A plan to implement integrated pest management practices as required under ORS 634.700 through 634.750
- A plan to communicate results for all tests required under the Healthy and Safe Schools Plan
School districts must annually provide a statement regarding the Healthy and Safe Schools Plan.
Within this section, you will find information on testing and results.