Working for Riverdale
There are many reasons to work for a school district as special as Riverdale.
Here are just a few:
- You’ll be joining a team of dedicated, like-minded educators who are passionate about teaching.
- You’ll benefit from experienced and insightful administrators.
- You’ll thrive in our small class sizes, maintained through funding provided by our school foundation, which allows us to employ additional teachers beyond what state funding would cover.
- You’ll appreciate the classroom enrichment funds and grants provided by our active Parent Teacher Club, allowing you to outfit your classroom with special tools and present exciting class projects.
- You’ll be surprised by the level of engagement and involvement of our students’ families, and thanks to the intimate size of our schools, you’ll become familiar with all the students – addressing them by name in the halls.
- You’ll be inspired by our articulate and motivated students.
- You’ll enjoy significant professional development opportunities to inform and inspire your practice, including tuition reimbursement.
Here's what some of our teachers have to say:
“What sets Riverdale apart is the people. Creative, experienced and trusting administrators; engaged and collaborative-minded teachers; dedicated and involved parent population; and students willing to learn and take intellectual risks both in and out of the classroom.”
Jeff Brown, teacher and president of Riverdale Teacher’s Association
“Working at Riverdale affords me the opportunity to teach, learn from and grow with each and every one of the students in my classes. I have a tremendous amount of freedom to design, implement and reflect upon the courses I teach ... The support teachers have from parents and administration to work to their full potential is like no other school within which I have worked in my 23 years as an educator.”
Laura Keldorf, teacher
All Riverdale School District position openings
Riverdale Coaches shall:
- Have a proven record of success in coaching and working with student athletes
- Demonstrate leadership qualities
- Have knowledge of the specific sport & an appreciation for how to teach the skills it requires
- Demonstrate a commitment to keeping current in the sport
- Hold a current first aid/CPR-AED card
- Complete District Fingerprint requirements
- Current Bloodborne Pathogen training
- Complete ASEP/NIAAA-CEP certification (High School requirement only)
Riverdale uses the CTA automated sub finder system. Please register directly with CTA SUB Services: http://subservices.cascadetech.org/. Contact the substitute help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-614-1273 to set an appointment to register as a substitute teacher.
SUBSTITUTE INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANTS AND CUSTODIANS
Riverdale uses the CTA automated sub finder system. Please register directly with CTA SUB Services: http://subservices.cascadetech.org/. Contact the substitute help desk at email@example.com or 503-614-1273 to set an appointment to register as a substitute instructional assistant or custodian.
RIVERDALE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER