Bullying & Harassment
Riverdale School District is committed to providing safe and supportive environments in which our students can learn and grow. As a community of educators we are therefore committed to educating our students about appropriate behavior. We are further committed to identifying instances of bullying and/or harrassment in our schools and addressing those instances.
We know that bullying and harassment will sometimes occur in schools. We understand that children, from the youngest elementary students to high school young adults, will experiment with various social behaviors, even negative ones. We know that good kids will make poor decisions at times. And we know that children who find themselves the targets and victims of bullying need our support and need to know that the adults in their lives will do everything they can to put an end to this behavior.
The Riverdale School District has specific policies prohibiting bullying and harassment within our school community.
24/7 tip lines for safety threats
What should you do to report bullying, harassment, acts of racism and discrimination, violence and drugs, or if you learn someone is threatening to harm themselves or others?
- If you have a concern at school, let an adult know immediately.
- If you have a concern when you are outside school or online, use one of the following options:
- Call one of two 24/7 anonymous concern reporting lines: 888-287-6157 or 844-472-3367 (the second number can also take texts).
- Email to email@example.com
- Report online at www.safeoregon.com
- Call 911 if someone is hurting themselves or others right now.
- Remember, reporting a concern is not “snitching,” it’s helping save lives.
- Watch this video to learn how SafeOregon works.
We are committed to creating and sustaining an anti-racist culture in our school district. Please utilize the above reporting system, or contact staff directly, to inform us of harm occurring in connection to our school district. Our staff stand ready to receive and respond to reports. Read the Riverdale School District's Anti-Racism Resolution here.