Access Riverdale accounts from home:
Please contact your student's teacher first for questions and GS parents with Riverdale account access issues can e-mail accounthelp@riverdale.
k12.or.us for assistance helping their kids access Riverdale accounts from home.
If you are unable to connect to your home wifi, we have a video for you to watch. If you follow the steps in the video, you should be able to connect to your Wifi.
Here are some tips you could share with your students on how to care for their Chromebook:1) Keep Your Chromebook on a Flat SurfaceUse a flat surface like a table or desk, don't leave it on the floor where someone could step on it.2) Do Not Pile Things On Top Your ChromebookWeight from any items you put on top of your Chromebook could create extra pressure, which could break your screen.3) Keep Your Keyboard ClearWhen you close your Chromebook, even something small like a pencil or eraser between the keyboard and screen could break the screen.4) Keep Food and Drink Away From Your ChromebookFoods and liquids are not good for your Chromebook and could cause it to stop working. Remember to make sure your hands are clean before using your Chromebook.5) Keep It CleanMake sure to follow the cleaning recommendations of the Chromebook (CTL or HP) manufacturer. Do not spray liquids directly on your device.6) Be Careful How You Carry ItMake sure your Chromebook is closed when you carry it, and do not carry it by the screen. When you open up your Chromebook it will start up right away.7) Keep It ChargedPlug in your Chromebook when you are not using it, that way it will be charged the next time you use it.8) Ask For HelpTell your teacher if your Chromebook is not working. They can help you or get help for you.9) Keep Your Passwords SafeRemember to be safe when you are on the internet and keep your passwords secure.
Technology InformationAccess to a device with a video camera, speaker and microphone is crucial to the delivery of our instruction. The technology survey will ask if your student will need to borrow a school device.Families have inquired about things to look for in a Chromebook. While our Technology Coordinator Jeff Bjorn isn't recommending particular brands or models, he offers these points to consider:
- Students can access Riverdale's Comprehensive Distance Learning through any internet-connected computer or tablet.
- Touchscreen models are used in Riverdale's K-2 classrooms.
- Consider models with at least 4 GB of RAM.
- Check the device's auto update expiration date before purchasing.
- Beware of screaming deals -- those can sometimes be due to imminent (or past) expiration dates.
- Google lists an auto update expiration date for each Chromebook model. After that date, Google no longer guarantees that the device's system software can be updated, which can eventually lead to website compatibility issues. The devices will still work after the AUE date, but websites developed after that date may not function as expected on expired devices.
- All Chromebooks run the same operating system software, so students' online experience will be the same between personal Chromebook at home and Riverdale Chromebook at school.
- Chromebooks are not required but may provide increased familiarity for grade school students.