Volunteer Process & Screenings
VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS & DIRECTIONS
- You will receive an email with your approval status.
- You will not be allowed to volunteer until your school receives a clearance after the background check is completed. The approval/declination process may take a week or more depending on the time of year (beginning of the school year and field trip season are the busiest.)
- This process must be completed EVERY YEAR. At the end of that period, you will be asked to verify all information has remained the same and the screening will be re-run, before you can volunteer again.
- If there is a concern with the result reported from the background check, you will be contacted by the school.
- Show proof of vaccination. Email a copy of your vaccine card to the district office HR Specialist Tammie Wing at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please check in with the front office staff upon arrival and follow their instructions to ensure you're properly checked in.
VOLUNTEER THROUGH PTC
Are you interested in helping out in the classroom, in the library, at an event, at a game or with a fundraiser. To find volunteer opportunities, visit the Riverdale PTC website. You'll want to be sure to complete a volunteer application and background check. More details can be found below.
LEND A SKILLED HAND AT SCHOOL
Do you have a passion for writing? Do you do graphic design? Are you a photographer or videographer? Are you great in the garden? Is there something you love to do and are great at doing? Offer your services to help out the district or either school. There's probably a staff member looking for help with the skill you have to share.
- Dependability: Children and staff look forward to the volunteer’s commitment to report at an expected time.
- Professionalism: The volunteer is a role model for children in dress, manner and behavior.
- Confidentiality: The volunteer must respect the confidentiality of sensitive information. Children and their families should not be discussed outside the program or school environment.
- Communication: The volunteer’s success depends on effective communication. Asking questions and following directions are key components.