Riverdale School Board
The five-member School Board is the policy-making body of our school district. It is responsible for providing an educational program for students living within the District.
To accomplish its role, the Board:
- Determines the long range direction of the District
- Establishes policies that direct the instructional and support programs
- Communicates with the community
- Employs and evaluates the superintendent
- Negotiates with employee groups to determine salaries and benefits
- Calls elections on bond proposals
- Approves the annual budget
All School Board regular meetings begin at 6:00 p.m. and are open to the public. Meetings are held at the Riverdale Grade School Commons, unless otherwise noted. Public participation time is scheduled at the end of each regular meeting to allow community members the opportunity to share information or concerns about educational issues.