Investing in your child's future
Thank you for considering a Riverdale education for your child. For most families, investing in education requires careful financial planning. As you will learn through the enrollment request process, families find great value in the Riverdale experience and the unique way in which we prepare our students for the future.
Keep in mind, residents of our district do not pay tuition. For out-of-district families: if you earn a spot in our enrollment lottery and your home district releases you on an Inter-District Transfer by our annual transfer deadline, you will not need to pay tuition. However, if your home district does not grant a release, you can still pay tuition so your child(ren) can receive the Riverdale education. Read more on our Non-Resident Enrollment page.
The Riverdale School Foundation provides a limited amount of financial aid for families for whom the full tuition cost is out of reach. Please see information below.
FOR 2018-19 SCHOOL YEAR:
Kindergarten - $11,130
Grades 1-4 - $12,120
Grades 5-8 - $12,500
Grades 9-12 - $12,950
FOR 2019-20 SCHOOL YEAR:
Kindergarten - $11,464
Grades 1-4 - $12,484
Grades 5-8 - $12,875
Grades 9-12 - $13,339
Multi-child discount (available for grades K-12):
- 20% discount for the 2nd tuition child
- 25% discount for the 3rd tuition child
(These discounts will be applied to the lowest grade/youngest child.)
NOTE: Riverdale Preschool is a separate fee-based program open to both residents and non-residents. Click to learn more.
Each year, tuition paying families have three options for paying tuition:
- Single payment made before classes begin
- Two payments, with one made before classes begin, and the second payment before Jan. 15
- Ten monthly payments, made on the 1st of each month
A one-time finance charge of $100 will be applied to individuals opting to make two tuition payments, or $300 for those opting to make monthly payments.
- Auto-deduct from bank account: If you prefer to pay through your bank account, or wish to set up automatically recurring payments, please use this option.
- Credit card payments: Use Riverdale's online payment portal.
Questions can be directed to the Business Office.
Riverdale uses School and Student Services for Financial Aid (SSS) to help determine a family’s ability to pay tuition costs. This service is used by more than 2,100 independent schools nationwide and helps ensure that all schools use a consistent assessment and an objective procedure to evaluate your financial aid application. Because funds are limited, it is important to complete the application on time and to fully disclose your financial situation before the deadline.
2019-20 Application for Aid
Deadline: Feb. 15, 2019
- Applications for aid can be completed at sss.secure.force.com/familyportal, beginning each fall.
- Follow the "Complete your PFS" link and begin your Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). Riverdale’s School Code is 1880.
- Submit and pay for the PFS ($48). Only one application is required per family, which includes any number of applicant children and any number of selected schools. Families who qualify will automatically have the fee waived.
- Scan and upload the following supporting documents to your PFS by Feb. 15, 2019*:
- 2018 W2’s, unemployment statements, and/or Social Security income statements
- 2017 IRS Form 1040 and relevant schedules. Business owners and those in partnerships should also include a Schedule C, Schedule E, Form 1120 and/or K-1
- 2017 State tax return
*Additional documents may be requested, including finalized 2018 tax returns, at a later date. If your situation has changed drastically from your 2017 tax information, you may wish to upload a document providing further details using the “Additional Document” section of your “My Document” tab.
Where can I find more information?
You can also visit https://sssbynais.org/parents/apply/, which includes tip-sheets, a PFS workbook and family guides to assist you with completing your Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS).
SSS offers parent webinars on all facets of the financial aid process, including how to complete the PFS. As sessions are held, recordings are posted for on-demand watching. View parent webinars.
Who can I contact for more help?
For help with your Parent Financial Statement, please contact the PFS helpline at 800-344-8328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST.
Riverdale specific questions may be directed to the Riverdale District Office: 503-262-4840.
Do I have to re-apply for financial aid each year?
Yes. Because a family's financial circumstances are subject to change, you must re-apply for financial aid every year.
When will financial aid decisions be made?
You will learn of financial aid decisions in mid-March, at the same time enrollment status notifications are sent out.