- Riverdale High School
- Latest News
Return to Headlines
Latest Announcement from Gov. Brown
Published Jan. 4, 2021
Dear Riverdale Community,
With this email I would like to wish you all a Happy and Healthy New Year and provide you with the latest COVID-19 related guidance for schools.
As you have likely heard, Gov. Brown announced her hopes for Oregon to prioritize and work together toward the resumption of in-person instruction — prioritizing elementary education. In a letter addressed to Patrick Allen, Director of Oregon Health Authority (OHA), and Colt Gill, Director of Education in Oregon (ODE) on Wednesday, Dec. 23, Gov. Brown outlined five points emphasizing:
- The need to work together
- Prioritization of the COVID-19 vaccine for educators and school staff
- The Covid-19 Health Metrics for Returning to In-Person Instruction are now advisory rather than mandatory (as is the case in Washington)
- ODE collaborate with OHA to align the Ready Schools, Safe Learners guidance and Oregon OSHA rules and state any new updates to the COVID-19 Health Metrics no later than January 19, 2021
- All schools subject to Executive Order 20-29 (which includes Riverdale) must continue to fully comply with the mandatory portions of the Ready Schools, Safe Learners guidance and other supplemental guidance issued by OHA and ODE
What does this mean for Riverdale? This week superintendents will be learning more from ODE regarding the latest guidance. For the time being, we continue to remain in Comprehensive Distance Learning. We will be in consultation with our local health authority, Multnomah County, as to what this means for us. We recognize there are a wide range of hopes and reactions to this information and ask for your continued patience as we wade through the forthcoming guidance collaboratively, with staff, community and our local health authority. Thank you for your understanding. We continue to plan for a safe return and will discuss our options at our regularly scheduled Riverdale School Board Work Study at 4:30 on Monday, Jan. 11.
Joanna Tobin, Interim Superintendent