- Riverdale High School
- Latest News
Return to Headlines
RHS Newsletter Addendum Jan. 14
Newsletter Addendum Jan. 14
We want to communicate a few key flexibilities to everyone around our evolving COVID situation.
Here are some key points to consider:
- In general, we offer students as many days to complete missed work as they were gone for. 5 days absent = 5 school days to make it up.
- For students with confirmed cases of COVID:
- We will offer the opportunity to only complete the key assignments. Tests, quizzes, projects, and essays will need to be completed, but teachers will excuse daily assignments and homework wherever possible.
- If you do not have adequate time to make up your work following an absence before a grading period, we may offer an Incomplete to give you extra time. Teachers may also offer an S (Satisfactory) in some cases if it is clear you will be in good standing but not all assignments are completed yet.
- For athletic eligibility, we will offer the opportunity for a probationary period following a grade check to not start until after the allotted time to make up assignments. This means the normal probationary period may actually allow up to 3 weeks after a grade check before complete ineligibility starts.
If we know you have COVID, we are going to work with you to offer flexibility and extensions to make sure you have adequate opportunities to make up learning and key assignments.
Remember, there are many resources available to you all to complete your make-up work. You may request a Google Meet with a teacher while you are out of school, they are here before and after school (make an appointment) when you return, and there is great help available in the library study hall every day after school. Please take advantage of those opportunities.
Next week, the library will be open 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 20 for a student study hall as well. That would be a great opportunity to get everything made up as needed.
Bart K. Hawkins