- Riverdale High School
Riverdale Grade School News - July 7
Tuesday, July 7
Summary from the latest meeting of the RGS Equity and Inclusion Team and a summer reading list. Look for the latest developments in our Fall 2020 Planning coming later this week. This Thursday - Indigenous Perspectives on the Ancient One through Friends of Tryon Creek.
RGS Equity Team June 26 meeting summary
- Norms for the team for holding valuable conversations about racism
- Strengthening our online presence and ability to swiftly report concerns
- Curriculum ideas and upcoming policy work including incorporating the Teaching Tolerance Social Justice Standards formally into our teaching and learning
- Ideas for student voice and to create an opportunity for RGS graduates to share and mentor our students
- Create more opportunities for student peer-to-peer interactions outside of our predominantly white community through athletics, music and other collaborative activities to encourage student connection and voice
- Work with our in-district and out-of-district partners to strengthen our efforts
- Why We Act by Catherine A. Sanderson
- How to be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
- White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo
- A Kids Book About Racism by Jelani Memory
Thursday, July 9
Tryon Nature Pub - Disturbed Narratives: The Ancient One
Join Friends of Tryon Creek for their online Nature Pub. Enjoy an evening of science and community.
Disturbed Narratives: the Ancient One, Indigenous perspectives of the case of the Kennewick Man.